Wednesday 21 March 2012

Edna Pontellier

       One of the things I really appreciate author's doing is describing characters so vividly, you can have a perfect image of them in your head. I remember last year we created pictures of Billy from Slaughterhouse Five in order to have a kind of guide we could relate to when reading the book. I realized that by making this picture, I was able to really visualize Billy as the story went on. This is why I decided to make a drawing of how I imagine Edna. Here is a picture of my drawing and a few quotes I chose that best described Edna. 
“Mrs. Pontellier's eyes were quick and bright; they were a yellowish brown, about the color of her hair... Her eyebrows were a shade darker than her hair. They were thick and almost horizontal, emphasizing the depth of her eyes.” (Chopin, 17)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post my drawing, but it should come up in no time!

    ReplyDelete